posted Jun 30, 2011, 3:08 PM by Alex Gerulaitis (DV411)
Resources and news with respect to Apple discontinuing Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Pro 7 in favor of Final Cut Pro X.
- Treating Editors With Respect - by Matthew Glasser of InteReality Media LLC, on CreativeCow.net, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:03:29 pm
Matthew highlights the important of vendor support and transparency: "Will CS5.5 work for my company? I don't know yet. But I appreciate a company who is willing to answer questions and work with me and not against me."
- FCPX - Final Cut Pro Flux - Dennis Kutchera's on CreativeCow.net, June 23, 2011:
"What Apple has achieved with the release of Final Cut Pro X is the alienation of many post production professionals."
See also: comment to that article by Jean-François Robichaud (Jun 24, 2011):
"The things professionals need to be really worried about are:
-lack of proper import export formats: XML, EDL, OMF, legacy projects,
-lack of proper monitoring solutions
-no support for legacy plugins
-no proper tape support
-no support for PSD layers"
- Apple's FAQ: "Answers to your Final Cut Pro X questions" (no date but it appears to have been posted on June 29 or 30, 2011).
See also: More Questions Raised by the Final Cut Pro X FAQ - Richard Harrington's Blog, June 30, 2011:
"Customers don’t want to be told what they want"
- Richard Harrington's Blog has great discussions and tips for FCP7 and FCPX users, as well as for those planning a switch to Adobe or Avid applications.
- "A music (professional) perspective" on FCPX release - a reader comment to "What does Final Cut Pro X teach enterprise vendors?" by Dennis Howlett, ZDNet, June 27, 2011.
"To remove Final Cut Pro 7 and only offer this new thing that doesnt do what the pro's want is just plain ridiculous and pretentious on Apple's part."
- Of course: "David Pogue’s initial enthusiastic review" of FCPX and his follow up piece.
- Apple's Misstep Opens the Door for Avid - Dan Radovsky of The Motley Fool, June 24, 2011.
- Richard Harrington's Detailed Response to David Pogue’s "Professional Video Editors Weigh In on Final Cut Pro X" - June 24, 2011, Updated June 25.